Make a Lifesaving Fashion Statement
February 5, 2016 is the 13th anniversary of Go Red for Women, a nationwide campaign sponsored by the American Heart Association to help raise awareness among women about the dangers of heart (cardiovascular) disease.
Heart disease is the #1 threat to a woman’s health.
Here are some more surprising facts:
- Only 1 in 31 women will die of breast cancer, but heart disease causes the death of 1 out of every 3 women.
- 90 percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- About 43 million women are already affected by heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died from heart disease each year.
- Every year, more women die of stroke than men. In fact, almost 60 percent of stroke deaths are women.
Go Red For Women empowers all of us with the knowledge we need to take positive action, reduce our risks for heart disease, and live stronger and healthier lives. So on February 5, make a fashion statement that could save lives. Wear something red and show your heartfelt support for Go Red For Women.
Source: American Heart Association